VetCompass have developed the following infographics, which summarise brachycephalic breed research:
- Bulldogs in the UK: Facing up to some challenges (click for full paper)
- Chihuahuas: Small dogs but big popularity (click for full paper)
- French Bulldogs: Soaring UK popularity (click for full paper)
- Pugs: Weighing up health priorities (click for full paper)
The following limitations should be taken in to account for each of these studies:
- The longevity values are derived from deaths in the general population of dogs under veterinary care.
- Longevity values for breeds that are increasing in popularity will be biased downwards (ie artifactually appear to die earlier) and conversely for breeds that are decreasing in popularity.
- These results reflect the health status of the general population of dogs which includes both pedigree (ie Kennel Club registered) and non-pedigree dogs.